Kedarnath Yatra 2017 Dates to be Announced on Mahashivratri
The dates for the commencement of pilgrimage of Kedarnath will be declared on the auspicious occasion of Mahashivratri.
The dates will be set by Mandir Samiti headed by Rawal (head priest) of the temple Bhima Shankar Ling. Kedarnath, which remains shut for nearly six months in the winter, will be open for the devotees after the performance of mandatory rituals of the scheduled day. It is to be noted that the date of the opening of the temple is always declared on the occasion of Mahashivratri and the closing date on Bhaidooj.
Kedarnath is one of the four shrines of the Chhota Char Dham Yatra circuit in Uttarakhand. The temple was the worst hit of the flash floods in the state in June 2013 but with constant efforts of the Uttarakhand Government and its people, the temple and the routes leading to it have been almost reconstructed.
- Pilgrim Places You Shouldn’t Miss on your Chardham Yatra 2017
- 17 Must See Locally Popular Temples in Uttarakhand
- Popular Historical Places of Uttarakhand
- Popular Waterfalls in Uttarakhand
- 50 Best Hill Stations of Uttarakhand
- Top 12 Places to Visit in Haridwar
- Top Places to Visit in Ranikhet
- Rishikesh Rafting- Detailed Guide