Kanha is the Second Richest National Park in India
With annual value of flora and fauna pegged at 1650 crore, Kanha National Park stands as the second richest national park in the country. Located in Madhya Pradesh, the park is a very popular home of tigers and witnesses thousands of tourists annually. It is the first time that the worth of national parks has been calculated in the country. The process was carried out while tiger census all over the nation was being conducted few weeks ago.
Indian Institute of Forest Management has calculated the worth of six major national parks of India. Here is the data revealed by this institute, showing the annual value of those six national parks:
- Periyar National Park – 1760 crores
- Kanha National Park – 1650 crores
- Corbett National Park – 1470 crores
- Sundarban National Park – 1280 crores
- Kaziranga National Park – 980 crores
- Ranthambore National Park – 830 crores
The worth of all national parks combined is around 149900 crores. As per the reports, these six national parks generate the revenue of around 7970 crores every year.
You may be also interested in:
- Bird Survey Recorded 198 Bird Species in Megamalai Wildlife Sanctuary
- Explore the Diverse Wildlife at Nagarahole National Park
- Barnawapara Wildlife Sanctuary in Chhattisgarh: A Perfect Wildlife Getaway
- Top 15 High Altitude National Parks & Wildlife Sanctuaries in India
- 15 Unexplored Wildlife Destinations in India