India Offers ‘Visa on Arrival’ to Foreign Tourists
Do you have friends living in Australia? Are they planning to visit your motherland India? If yes, then they would be more than happy to know that India is offering visa on arrival for 45 countries, including Australia, US, Germany, Israel, Japan, UAE, Palestine, Jordan, Thailand, Singapore, and Russia. On his recent visit to Australia and the US, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that India will be offering the facility of Visa on arrival to foreign tourists and today the Indian government officially declared that the facility is available for foreign travelers.
Visa on Arrival Facility is available for passport holders of following countries:
- Cook Islands
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Niue Island
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Korea
- Solomon Islands,
India is an important tourist destination that attracts millions of people every year from different parts of the world. Some of its popular attractions include enchanting Kerala backwaters, magnificent Rajasthani forts, artistic Khajuraho temples, exotic Goan beaches, and breathtakingly beautiful Himalayas.
Visiting India is a dream of many travelers; however, obtaining a visa for the dream destination is the most stressful part in the holiday planning process. But, with the introduction of Visa on arrival facility in India…traveling would be easy for the tourists of Australia, the US, Germany and so on.
The news created a buzz in the Indian tourism industry of India right from the moment when Prime Minister Narendra Modi assured a visa on arrival facility for Australian tourists and announced a two-month deadline for the long-pending merger of OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) and PIO (Persons of Indian Origin) status on his recent visit to Australia. During his visit, he said that his government has already started working on facilitating Visa on arrival for western tourists and is on track to merge PIO and OCI status ahead of the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas to be held from January 7 in Ahmedabad next year.
PM Narendra Modi had announced the same facility for the American tourists when he recently visited the US . He also stated that the motive behind extending this facility is to promote tourism and cultural integration and to create jobs for youth whether it is through medical, adventure or rural tourism. As per a report published by a leading English daily, Union minister Mahesh Sharma said that through this step we can take India’s rich heritage and culture abroad through tourism and aviation and propagate it to the four corners of the world.
The countries that already enjoy Visa on arrival facility include Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Singapore, Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Phillippines, Laos, and South Korea. These countries will soon be able to apply for Visa under the electronic travel authorization (ETA) scheme, which will be available for a 30 day period from the date of the tourist’s arrival in India.
ETA will be very useful for tourists as it will allow foreign travelers to apply for a visa online, and receive confirmation within three to five working days. The government is also planning to start a new website for the travelers who intend to visit India. Through this website, the tourists can apply for the Visa along with the required fees and this will be the first time in Indian history that electronic visas will be implemented in the country.
Here are some instructions that every foreign traveler, visiting India must follow while applying for Visa on Arrival as enabled by ETA…
Instructions For Tourists
- Applicant of the eligible countries may apply online at least 4 days before the date of arrival and they will be given a window of 30 days. For example: If the applicants are applying for the Visa on 1st Aug then the validity of their Visa will be from 5th Aug to 4th September.
- Applicants must upload a recent photograph with white background and a photo page of their passport containing personal details like name, date of birth, nationality, expiry date on the website. However, their application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded document and photograph are not clear and are not as per specification.
- The amount charged for the Tourist visa on arrival (TVoA) fee is US$ 60/- per passenger and this excludes the interchange charge for credit/debit cards. The fee must be paid 4 days before the date of your travel.
- TVoA fee is non refundable and you may not get it back once submitted.
- Applicants must carry a copy of ETA while travelling to India.
- Biometric details of the applicants are mandatory and the same will be captured at immigration once they land in India.
- Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) is only valid if you enter through any of these nine designated airports i.e. Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Trivandrum.
- TVoA is allowed for only two visits in a calendar year and once issued it becomes non-extendable, non-convertible, and not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas.
- Applicants can track the status of their application online by clicking Visa Status.
- For any assistance applicants can call 24*7 Visa support center at +91-11-24300666 or send email to email@example.com
The applicants must submit the following documents while applying for Visa on arrival online:
- Scanned First Page of Passport in PDF Format and keep Size: Minimum 10 KB, Maximum 300 KB
The digital photograph to be uploaded on the website along with the Visa application should meet the following requirements:
- Format-JPEG and Image Size: Minimum 10 KB and Maximum 1 MB
- The photo must have equal height and width.
- The photo should present full face, front view, and eyes open.
- Applicants center head must be within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
- Background should be white.
- No shadows on the face or in the background.
- No borders.
For more information visit Indian Visa Online Web Application at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/
So, what are you waiting for? Share the good news with your family and friends living in Australia or US and help them plan their next trip to the wonderful destinations of India.