Chardham Yatra 2018 in Garhwal Uttarakhand
“Walk on the path of Moksha with Chardham Yatra of Uttarakhand and strengthen your spiritual bond with your lord”
Chardham Yatra is confined to the Garhwal Himalayan regions of Uttarakhand state of India; it involves a journey to the four holy places dedicated to Lord Shiva, Lord Vishnu, River Yamuna and River Ganga. Situated at a higher altitude, these adobes have great legends associated with them. It is believed that pilgrims undertaking tour to CharDham get their sins washed away and find ‘Moksha’ from the chain of rebirth in this acquisitive world. These four holy abodes are the way of obtaining salvation. The doors of Char Dham Yatra open during the last week of April or the first week of May, on the auspicious occasion of Akshaya Tritya, and get closed after offering pooja on the day of Diwali between mid Octobers or mid November. A Chardham Pilgrimage tour takes the pilgrims through shimmering rivers, lush green fields of the lower valleys and snow-covered Himalayan Ranges that together make this religious trip more spiritual and peaceful. Char Dham Yatra in Garhwal Himalayas is one of the most popular pilgrimage tours among the Hindu devotees. It takes them to four great temples of Uttarakhand state i.e. Gangotri, Yamunotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath. The legend states that this holy ride should be commenced from left to right. Starting from Yamunotri, leading to Gangotri, Kedarnath and ending at Badrinath, the sequence follows the clockwise circumambulation or Parikrama tradition of Hindu religion. While Millions of people take 4 Dham holidays in India every year, there are many who go for Do Dham Yatra i.e. Badrinath Kedarnath Yatra or Gangotri Yamunotri Yatra due to various personal reasons that varies from individual to individual. This religious trip mainly starts from Delhi, Haridwar and Rishikesh and proceeds to the main destinations in the below given chain.
Apart from being the first destination, Yamunotri is the place from where the Yamuna originates. The place is blessed with a Yamunotri Temple, which was built during 19th century by Maharani Guleria of Jaipur. It has an idol of Goddess Yamuna carved out of a black stone.
It is a sacred shrine and the second destination of Chardham Tour. It is the source of the river Bhagirathi and a place where Ganga, the holy river of India, touches the ground for the first time. The place consists of a Gangotri Temple, which is dedicated to Goddess Ganga. Click here to read more.
Kedarnath is the place dedicated to Lord Shiva and the third destination of this Yatra. Located at a height of 3584m near the origin of the Mandakini River, it is one of the twelve “Jyotirlingas” of Lord Shiva. Established by Guru Adi Sankaracharya, Kedarnath Temple stands adjacent to an ancient temple built by the Pandavas. Click here to read more about Kedarnath Dham.
Perched on the banks of the Alaknanda River in the Garhwal hills, Badrinath Temple is the fourth and last destination of Char Dham Yatra. It is the place devoted to God Vishnu where he is worshiped in the form of Badrinarayan. This temple was also established by Adi Shankara in the 9th century. A black stone idol of Lord Vishnu is mainly worshiped in Badrinath Temple with some other ancient idols. Click here to read more about Badrinath Dham.
Chardham Shrines Opening Dates 2018 (Expected dates):
- Gangotri & Yamunotri- April 19
- Kedarnath Temple – April 21
- Badrinath Temple – April 23
How to plan for Char Dham Yatra 2018?
If you want to be a part of this sacred Yatra, then it is suggested to plan your Chardham Yatra 2018 in advance to avoid any last minute hassle. However, you may wonder how to get the best travel deals on Char Dham Yatra Packages? Below given is the list of things that you must keep in mind while planning your holidays in the coming year.
- Book Char Dham Yatra Packages: There are many travel agents that are engaged in offering well-planned Yatra packages. You just need to look for a registered travel agent in order to get the most favorable 4 Dham tour package as per your needs and budget.
- Choose your mode of transport: In case you have finally decided to take a Char Dham Yatra, it is now important to decide the means of transportation, for which various options are available i.e. Chardham Yatra by Helicopter, Chardham Yatra by Bus and Char Dham Yatra by Personal Car or Vehicles. You can choose any one of them as per your convenience.
- Book Accommodations: There are many hotels located on the way to Chardham Yatra. It is advisable to book your accommodation in advance as per the schedule of your tour. Look for hotels according to your tour plan and book the rooms in advance to make your tour more relaxing and comfortable. In addition to the above mentioned points, it is important to carry a Yatra Route Map to avoid any kind of accident that may interrupt your journey later. So, start your preparation for the Chardham Yatra, 2018 in the beautiful Garhwal Himalayas right now to have the most memorable holy trip of your life.
- History of Chardham of Uttarakhand
- Significance of Char Dham Spiritual Tour
- Legend Behind the Formation of Panch Kedar
- List of Panch Prayags in the Order of Their Descent from the Himalayas
- Pilgrim Places You Shouldn’t Miss on your Char Dham Yatra
- 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva in India and Their Mythological Importance in Hindu Religion
- Places to Explore in Haridwar